Good morning lovelies!
So, it's another beautiful day...but again, I have to spend it inside cleaning and packing. It's no fun. But, I did get to go on a glorious run outside yesterday, and that got me thinking...
Since coming home from camp this second summer, I have realized how much I am truly, and absolutely in love with being outside. I love hanging out, exercising, eating, talking...just about doing anything outside. Even listening to the rain is better when you are outside (preferably under some kind of shelter). It got me thinking about how much happier I am when I am there versus inside. Just about all 24 hours of the day at camp are spent outside. We sleep in 3 sided, open air cabins, we do all of our work and play outside, and a hefty portion of our meals are eaten outside. It's just better that way!
The other thing I have realized is that I am a whole lot happier when I am active. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy sitting and talking, or watching a movie and doing stationary stuff like that, but when I am moving around, I am in such a better head space. When I went on my run yesterday, I literally couldn't help myself from smiling! It was so wonderful to be moving and using this body that I have been blessed with. Even when I was at camp, I was so much happier when I was building something, swimming, running around, and hiking than when I was just sitting around. Sitting had its place, but, most of the time, it wasn't necessary.
Now, combine being outside and moving...that's a winning combination. Hiking, biking, running, even just walking outside is so much better than being on a treadmill or just inside. Even when it's cold out, I would rather be outside than inside.
As I am trying to figure out what my future looks like, I have discovered that a typical desk job just won't cut it for this kid. I maybe could do that for a few years, but I guarantee that I would be miserable if I knew that I couldn't be outside and active, especially during the beautiful summer months. And if I am going to be working an entry level position, I would rather be on the low end of leading trips or something of that nature than sitting in a desk.
So many things to think about...but it's amazing how everything is falling into place. And its beautiful and wonderful to be a part of that. I am most definitely a fan.
Have a wonderful day!
Love,
L
No comments:
Post a Comment