Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Just Thankful...

Hello lovelies!!!

It's been a while…I know.  For that, I apologize.  Things on my end (as you'll soon find out) are a little on the crazy side.  God continues to amaze and provide more lovingly and completely than ANYTHING I could ever imagine!

First off, for those of you who don't know, the wonderful man I have been dating for just over a year now, but who I've been friends with for about 3 years, proposed (simply, but beautifully) on Christmas eve and asked me to be his wife.  Of COURSE I said yes!!! Marcos is simply amazing.  For those of you who don't have the privilege of knowing him, he has one of the biggest hearts I have ever seen, he is beautifully kind, loving, and understanding but is also strong, convicted and absolutely sticks to his morals.  Most of all, he has a heart after God. I cannot wait to start our life together in just about 7 months!  Wedding planning is already underway and, thankfully, details continue to fall into place.  I don't think I'll ever get a Christmas present as good as being asked to spend the rest of my life with my best friend and love of my life again.  Looks like it's all downhill from here! ;)

Secondly, work is simply amazing!!! In my last post I talked about how I would be commuting until the beginning of the year.  Well, long story short, I didn't think that I would be financially ready to move at that point, but things just sorta fell together!  A girl I went to college with and who I played ball with was moving out of her apartment that happened to be 5 min from where I work and to live with other lovely ladies that we went to school with.  I no longer have an hour and 15 min commute and am able to take more cases and do better work with my kiddos.  I have a full caseload of 12 cases right now and each one teaches me new things every single meeting.  I have kiddos from age 6-17 and their issues range from substance, sexual, and physical abuse to anger and control issues to social anxiety.  Each one of them is a truly beautiful person and I am so grateful that I literally get paid to be a positive influence and help them reach their therapeutic goals.  For those of you who know me, clearly this is RIGHT up my alley!  Since I started working there, I have been excited to go into work every single day.  Don't get me wrong, there are absolutely days where I end my day tired and worn down and can't wait for the weekend.  There are days when all my cases are in crisis and all my kids are in bad moods and take it out on me.  There are clearly days that suck…BUT…knowing that I get another day to work hard to make a difference makes getting up early worth it.  I love each of my kids and families and, though it can be hard sometimes, I really enjoy working with them.  I am also learning so much from the clinicians and other people I work with.  I am able to meet with and do therapy sessions with kids one on one and actually accomplish something.  I could write about all the great things happening at work forever, but I'll cut myself off here.  To sum it up…work is the best!

Another thing…Marcos and I have found a church!  I have to say, I wasn't sold at first.  It's definitely not what I expected, but it's really a great place.  I just got home from the young adults group and am so excited to become involved.  Marcos and I have committed to going to this group together in addition to church on Sundays.  I'm so thankful that he is as excited as I am to jump into this community with both feet.  Both of us want to become involved with the high school youth group and to get more involved in the young adults group.  I also want to get into music and leading worship again and getting back involved with missions.  Lots of things…basically, it's so clear that this is exactly where God wants us and is definitely working and doing some big things.

Lastly, money.  I hate it.  I wish it didn't exist.  I would be perfectly fine going back to the barter system.  Alas, that won't happen again, so I just have to make do with the monetary system that's in place.  Thankfully, money is a place where God has shown up for me BIG TIME.  Everything from rent and cell phone payments, to gas for my car and things for the wedding…God never ceases to amaze me.  Most recently, I totaled my car.  Thankfully, I am fine and the woman in the other car wasn't injured either.  It was one of the scariest things that's ever happened to me and I was an absolute mess!!! My poor dad got a rather hysterical phone call and, thankfully handled it so gracefully.  (Shout out to the best dad ever!!!).  Long story short, my dad and I spent all of Monday looking for a new car, but found nothing.  A friend of my mom's won, yes WON, a car over the weekend and announced that she is selling her 2006 Forrester with only 90,000 miles on it…PRAISE JESUS!!!!! I will have to learn how to drive a standard, but I'll take it! The price was wayyyy better than anything you could get at a dealer and the car is in amazing condition.  I can't wait to drive this little guy! I have wanted a Subaru for forever and I can't wait to have something with a real trunk and some actual space!

Lots of wonderful things going on for me.  Please hear that things are not always sunshine and flowers.  Marcos and I have been tested in ways that I couldn't imagine.  There have been times when throwing in the towel (in a lot of areas) seemed like the only option.  But working through the hard things and growing deeper in faith and relationships is truly wonderful.  God is truly refining certain aspects in the fire right now.  But once that fire has done its work, the end product is virtually unbreakable. There are days when I really doubt that there is any way that things can work out, but, sure enough, by the time I return home at night, things have come together more beautifully than I could have ever imagined.  If you hear one thing from this post, hear this…GOD IS GOOD!!!!!!  He shows me every day how much  He loves me and how faithful He is.  I cannot wait to continue this walk with Him and see where the road leads.

Goodnight you beautiful people!!!
Love,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment