Monday, July 16, 2012

Some More Camp Thoughts...

Good evening great people!

Hope all is well with all of you! I genuinely hope so! =)

So, it's the end of another first day of camp for this kid.  I have to say, last week was really fun and I definitely loved my little ones, but I have a team full of 12 year old girls this week.  I am so happy with them!!!!!! I love my team!! All of them play together outside of camp, so it's really easy to teach them plays and help them to learn to play with each other just a little bit better.  They are so willing to listen and learn.  Each one of them has such a distinct personality.  They are still really silly, but all of them are so smart.  12 is truly my favorite age!  Hanging out with these kids really makes me remember why I love working camp.  I love spending time with these girls...it's going to be a great week!

I am also stoked because I get to spend a whole lot of time with my team.  Working summer camp as a team is a really unique experience.  We don't have practice, so things are super low key and we get to room together and just hang out on and off the court.   I can't complain.  My team is a whole lot like my family.  I see these ladies every day except for Sundays and about 10 other days including Thanksgiving and Christmas break from Sept 1 to about the end of Feb.  Now, don't get me wrong, there are times when I wish I had a little more space.  But all these women are such kind hearted, loving, funny, and good people.  It's truly like a family in that we always have each other's back, we fight for each other, and we love each other.  There are always a few little tiffs that happen here and there both on and off the court, but one of the things that I really love most about this team is that there really isn't any drama...and it's wonderful.

 Life is pretty good right now!

Well, it's late and I'm tired and I have to be up at 6am tomorrow to fit in a run and lift before camp starts.

More thoughts to come soon!!!

Love to all of you!
L

No comments:

Post a Comment