Good evening beautiful readers!
So, I wanted to let you all know that I may be a little absent for a while. Today will be my last day with regular, consistent access to technology...and I couldn't be happier =)
See, in the morning I leave school for the rest of the summer and head up to watch my beautiful cousin get married. I can't wait for that one!!! And after that is over, I jump in my car and head to the beautiful, tranquil, amazing, wonderful mountains in the middle of nowhere Vermont for the rest of the summer.
This will be my second summer up there and I have been waiting all summer for this to happen. I had the best summer ever last year and I couldn't be more excited to head back there. It's one of those places where there isn't any cell phone reception, the kids can't have any form of technology, and just about all 24 hours of the day are spent outside. We sleep outside, eat outside, work outside, laugh, love, and play outside and it is wonderful.
With that being said, one of the things that camp really values is the separation from technology. If the girls can't have any technology, we should do our best to limit ours. I will have my laptop up there, but will try to limit myself to only using it on my days off. I hate how attached I am to my computer the rest of the year. I have an opportunity to back away and re-learn to be completely content without a screen in front of me...why wouldn't I dive in head first???
So, with that being said, I will most definitely still be posting on here, but not nearly as often. I can't wait to share the -isms of my campers and all the valuable lessons that living in the middle of nowhere and working with your hands can teach you.
Prayers are greatly appreciated!!!
Love and peace to all of you!
L
P.S. If you would like to write to me while I am up at this beautiful place, I would absolutely love that! Leave me a comment and I will shoot you an email with my address =)
No comments:
Post a Comment